Herts and Essex Climbing Club Code of Conduct
The climbing club is fully committed to safeguarding its members, ensuring a positive and enjoyable experience for all. The committee believes it is important that members, should at all times show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Members are encouraged to be open at all times, and to share any concerns, grievances or complaints in confidence.
· All members should uphold best practice and safety procedures at all times as a representative of the club as per the clubs mission statement.
· All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all other club members, staff of venue and other patrons regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
· Members should recognise the contribution made by the committee who are volunteers.
· Members should arrive promptly for club trip departure to ensure they run as smoothly and effectively as possible.
· All club trips are run by club members for club members. Any member can organise a non-club trip where family/children/friends can attend.
· If any member feels that they wish to raise issue regarding other club members then this should be done as per the club constitution.
· Any member not behaving in accordance with the terms of the Code of Conduct at an event of the club may be asked to leave the cub and will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
· The club supports the BMC’s participation statement:
“The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.”